Domestic Gas Engineer
The course is designed for people with little to no prior experience in gas engineering. The course is spread over separate lessons which will tackle different areas all relevant to the Gas Engineering. Learning is done through a combination of both PC based learning, home study and practical workshops.
You will receive a set of industry standard manuals that will enable you to work through the course syllabus. You will be supported throughout your course by experienced instructors who are available by telephone, email and student intranet. By the end of the course you will be ready for your new career as a gas engineer.
The practical workshop sessions take place in a customised practical learning centre specifically designed for the purpose. In these centres you will undertake practical training and tuition in multiple areas including pipework instalments, low pressure meters, ventilation, flues, specific appliances, regulators, as well as safety and lots more. Below are some of the units that will be covered in the course.
- Water heaters
- Central heating systems electrics
- Gas cookers
- Warm air heaters
- Central heating systems
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Low pressure meter installations
- Open flues & room sealed flues
- Cold & hot water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Health & safety
- Lots more….
Once you have successfully completed the course you will have the knowledge, skills and qualifications to gain employment as a lawfully qualified domestic gas engineer. Beyond this there are opportunities to work in more specialised areas such as Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) and solar heating systems.
Course Overview as follows:
- BPEC Energy Efficiency (Part L)
- ACS Certification, Core Gas Safety (CCN1)
- ACS Certification, Domestic Central Heating and Central Heating Boilers (CEN1)
- ACS Certification, Water Heaters (WAT1)
- ACS Certification, Cookers and Hobs (CKR1)
- ACS Certification, Space Heaters – Fires (HTR1)
- ACS Certification, Flue Gas Analysers (CPA1)
- Part P Defined Scope Electrical Qualification